Tuesday 13 April 2010

News

There's so much to tell you, it's hard to know where to begin! This is going to have to be a two part post as I have lots of news but also a serious topic to air. I'll start with the news.
Clem Chambers second book, THE TWAIN MAXIM, hits the shelves this month so watch out for it! I can't wait to get my hands on it and will be posting a review of it here in due course. Matt Lynn has posted about his recent publication, FIRE FORCE, which is a must for anyone who enjoys a fast paced action packed yarn. It's easy to see why DEATH FORCE hit the best seller charts.
Following a successful event at Derby Library in May with Matt Lynn, Richard Jay Parker and Zoe Sharp, we have a CURZON PANEL of Matt Lynn, Tom Cain, Leigh Russell, Richard Jay Parker and Zoe Sharp (I hope I've got that right guys?) at Crimefest in May. On 2nd June we are visiting WESTFIELD LIBRARY in London. The panel for that will be Matt Lynn, Tom Cain, Leigh Russell and Richard Jay Parker. The next library event will probably be in Harrow, with Matt Lynn, Cyrus Moore, Leigh Russell and one other tbc.
As for me, as usual I've been out and about meeting readers. CUT SHORT continues to sell out at book signings and I've had great fun with more BBC radio interviews, and meetings with journalists, as well as meeting the lovely Helen Hunt of Bookersatz. You can see details of all my recent events, with photos, on my author blog http://leighrussell.blogspot.com/
CUT SHORT continues to gather great reviews. You can find links to many of them on my publisher's website but here's a link to the most recent one:
http://www.curledup.com/cutshort.htm
Call me greedy, but I just can't get enough of those good reviews! The icing on my little cake this week was to receive an email from JEFFERY DEAVER himself, telling me he "loved" CUT SHORT! Here's the quote he kindly sent me: "Cut Short is a stylish, top-of-the-line crime tale, a seamless blending of psychological sophistication and gritty police procedure. And you're just plain going to love DI Geraldine Steel." - JEFFERY DEAVER
So there's lots going on, and plenty to look forward to, for the Curzon Group.

On a more serious note, I heard this week that yet another independent bookstore is under threat. Nineveh in Havant is facing closure. I visited it in 2009 when I was invited to talk at Havant Literary Festival. Nineveh was a thriving, busy place. My talk was well attended by many local people passionate about books and reading. So please, if you live in Havant, get down to Nineveh and give them your support in any way you can. We cannot sit back idly as more and more bookshops disappear. And wherever you are, please visit a bookshop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment